Thursday, August 14, 2008

Time Flies (Sort of)



Silvio is now six months old. He is such a big boy, weighing 20 pounds and giving his parents so much chub to nuzzle. He is also such an incredibly sweet little baby, extremely aware of his environment. The Nug makes lots of darling noises, such as "ah-ba" and "ah-ooh" that always give me a tingle. He is rolling like a champ and recently has mastered the art of sitting up which all moms know is so convenient! In some ways, I cannot believe he is six months old and in other ways, it seems like a lifetime since his birth. It was a rough start and I feel like sometimes, I am still recovering from the first few months. There was a lot of screaming and a lot of exhaustion, but we have come out the other side with an incredibly happy and smiley little guy who warms our hearts in more ways than we could have dreamed of. I am so grateful for this special spirit every moment, even when it is difficult and intense. I could not imagine our family without the Nug.
Anyway, on the day that Silvio was exactly six months, I decided it would be fun to bake a cake (from the box- I'm not that domestic) with the kids. Sofia and Luca each cracked an egg and took turns mixing the batter. I then let them try the batter and they loved it, of course. They were thrilled to make a cake for Silvio. Well, I think that they were more excited to eat it. They kept asking me when the cake would be ready and I told them to wait for the "beep" so when it finally sounded they broke into cheer. After I decorated it (a little too soon, as you can tell from the pictures) Nonno, Sofia, Luca, and I ate cake. Sorry Silvio, you have to wait another six months.

2 comments:

Janine Evans said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Janine Evans said...

I love it! I've been mini-celebrating my half-birthday for years. What a cute thing to do with Luca & Sofia to celebrate their little brother. Way to go, Nicole.