Friday, August 29, 2008

Rare Moment


It is extremely difficult to get all three children to hold still for even a split second, so we have very few pictures of all three together. Luca is the most difficult, wiggling and thrashing around. Gotta love boys. Silvio loves to stare at the camera, so we can take lots of great pictures of him. Sofia makes funny faces and often looks away. I caught all of three of them on our last day in Tahoe. I wanted to get a shot of the boys in their soccer shirts. I must say, I do love to dress those two the same every so often. It is just so cute and sweet. Luca does not quite realize that he has another companion in Silvio. Although one day about a month ago, we out a cute hat on Silvio and Luca looked at him and said, "he's going to play baseball with me!" He was so excited. Of course, Brian and I looked at each other and had to hold ourselves back from tearing. In that moment, Luca realized for the first time that Silvio was not going to be a baby forever and that he would be able to play with him some day. There is something so incredibly special about brothers, not that I have any experience in my life. I think that boys can have an amazing bond without any of the drama that girls sometimes have. Brian and I always talk about how awesome it will be to watch Luca and Silvio grow into this relationship as brothers. We often wonder how Sofia will fare as the boys grow closer, but we know that Sofia revels in her "girlness" and has no problem being the special girl in the family. I sometimes wonder why Brian and I both felt like we wanted a girl with Silvio. Not that we were disappointed in any way when we found out we were pregnant with a boy. I know that our family is perfect the way it is. I look at this picture and feel so grateful for these three special beings. I still can't quite believe it myself, that they are all mine. I am so blessed.

No comments: