Thursday, August 21, 2008

Surrounding




Although our Lake Tahoe vacation was different from what we expected, it was so nice to be out of the city and in such an incredible natural setting. The day we went to the pond, while the kids were out on a raft with Brian and Prospero, I was able to hang out with the Nug, take some great pictures of him, and breath in the beautiful surroundings. I had a chance to take a short run which allowed me some alone time and some space. Although it was very hot and I was incredibly unaccustomed to the altitude, I thoroughly enjoyed the space to take it all in. I know that we will be back there some time, maybe when the kids are a bit older. I know that Sofia and Luca had a wonderful time and still talk about their "Lake Tahoe vacation." Just yedterday, Sofia became very sad when we told her that she wouldn't be going swimming in the Lake any time soon. I told her that we would go back some time later. And we will.

1 comment:

Nay-Nay said...

I seriously wonder now how my parents handled family "trips" with seven children. Granted there weren't a whole lot of them...but criminy, just getting us all out of the house in one piece, let trying to have a fun "vacation". Certainly gives me a much bigger appreciation for the sacrifices they made while we were younger.