Saturday, August 23, 2008

Mama's Boy



We all know that I have it bad for Silvio. There is something about these sons of mine that just about melts my heart any time of day. Not that I do not feel the same way for Sofia, but she and I have a unique connection that only girls can experience. I will save that for another post. When I was first pregnant with Silvio, I went to see my Reiki Master, Kirsten. I was excited to see her because I wanted her take on the little being growing in my body. I had felt a lot of feminine energy, but it did not quite feel like a girl, so I was very confused. Kirsten first asked me what I thought I was having, and I told her about this mixed message I was experiencing, and she laughed and said "Oh, well, it's a boy with a lot of feminine energy." Of course. She went on to talk about his amazing soul and that he was a special individual that would change my family and bring more balance. She also said that he would definitely be my "mama's boy." Not that Luca does not love me, but I would never call him a "mama's boy." Rather, he is more enamored with Daddy and other men. So when Kirsten shared her insight, I felt a little tingle and felt even more connected to the little soul growing, who we would name Silvio. The first few months were rough, and I had a difficult time connecting with Kirsten's insight. Silvio was in pain and cried so much that I felt like he could not express his true spirit. I knew it was there, but I was exhausted and preoccupied with the other kids, so I too had a hard time feeling our special connection. Now that Silvio is six months old and is quite the smiley, happy guy I completely understand the whole "mama's boy" thing. He melts me at any time of the day. My dear friend Kristen adores Silvio and she and I agreed the other day that he got something truly amazing about him. (Hopefully she will have a baby soon...but until then she gets to enjoy mine!). I am reveling in our extraordinary connection and feel truly grateful that he came into our lives. I know that his spirit entered this world at such a crazy time in my life, but he was meant to change me and he has. I feel like he has softened me in such a unique way and definitely created more spiritual balance in our home. I look forward to the continual exploration of love, joy, and spirit with my little Silvio.

2 comments:

Janine Evans said...

wow. that's so cool. it's really amazing to read your insights about how your children have changed your life just by entering it. :) I have much to look forward to.

Nay-Nay said...

I'm SO glad that the Nug has come through all the struggles as a happy healthy little boy. I remember you going through so much with him when he was first born - I only wish I could have been there to help ease the insanity. Your love and tenacity as a parent have made him the happy chunk that he is now - you should be a very proud mommy! I can't wait to get to know him better. love and miss.