Tuesday, October 14, 2008

Sweet Nothings

Just yesterday, Luca and I were nuzzling while he was eating. He thought it was a game, but I was really trying to get all of the snuggles I could get. I think that might be what gets me through my days: the kisses and hugs and nuzzles from these 3 children. Sofia is the most lovey child and is always happy to give me a squeeze whenever I ask for one. Thank God. She loves affection and even curls herself up in my arms as if she were a baby. She lets me kiss her neck and hold her tight. She is my love child. Silvio has even begun to play a snuggle game with Brian. Every morning, I wake Brian up by putting Silvio on the bed next to him. Brian puts his head on Silvio's lap and Silvio then leans into him and screeches. It is ridiculously cute. Of course, I had to get in on the Schnug love, so I now will lay next to him and he will giggle and lean over me. He is so sweet and I am milking every single snuggle opportunity out of his helplessness. Then there is my sweet middle child. It is incredibly difficult to get Luca to give a hug. If I ask him directly, he runs in the other direction. So I am constantly trying to play some sort of game with him where I can sneak in a hug or a snuggle. He does give hugs and kisses when he feels like it, but he won't necessarily give love when asked. So, during our nuzzling "game" yesterday, we were rubbing noses and I then went in for a neck kiss. Luca leaned into me and whispered, "I love you, Mommy." Brian was sitting next to us and we immediately looked at each other. As I responded to Luca, my eyes filled. I think that was the sweetest nothing that has ever been whispered to me.

1 comment:

Nay-Nay said...

I can feel that moment across the ocean...so special.