Wednesday, October 22, 2008

Planetaria


Sofia loves to make a "planetaria." I don't know where she got the idea to start to arrange her things and create a special space. She sometimes calls it her "planet" but mostly uses this word that is a cross between planetarium and planet. She will lay a blanket down and neatly fold other blankets over and then places her special things on the blanket. She often will uses a chair or table to definite the space. Sofia spends hours arranging and rearranging her tiny stones, bracelets, pennies, chapsticks (she calls them "lipsticks"), candles, and various other treasures. She usually is wearing her crown, a few necklaces, and some other various adornments. She must always accessorize ( that is definitely not from me!). When she feels like she has her things in the perfect place she will find me and say, "mom you have to come into my Planetaria!" She tells me that this is a "special planetaria, just for the girls." She will then begin to explain which treasures I am allowed to touch and which I must leave alone. Sofia is very specific about her things and likes everything to be in order. I wonder where she gets that from. I love how she is creating space, using her imagination and her things. Sofia amazes me with her incredible attention to detail. She truly takes the time to make sure everything is just perfect and has an detailed explanation for why she out each thing in its place. Sometimes I wish I could escape to her planetaria.

1 comment:

Gillian said...

she is too cool! wish i could have met her when i was there...

love,
g