Tuesday, October 28, 2008

Sugar Girl




Sofia loves everything sweet. She is incredibly picky with all other food, but she will always eat a cupcake, chocolate, candy, or ice cream. My dear friend Kristen's daughter, Annika is just the same. One time while we were over Kristen's, I heard Annika say " I'm a sugar girl!" Kristen and I just laughed and I asked Sofia, "are you my sugar girl?" and she squealed "yes!" So I have been calling Sofia a sugar girl since that day and it could not be more true. If she hears the word cupcake, her eyes light up and she begins to jump up and down. At least I have some bargaining power when I need it! We try not to have any sweets in the house, but I can always get her to do something if there is a treat involved. One time a while back my sister offered her some chocolate and Sofia gobbled it up. Now, every time we go to my sister's house, Sofia immediately says, "Aunite Steffie, I think that there might be some chocolate for me, son't you?" My sister and I always giggle and Sofia always gets a piece of chocolate. When she eats her sugar, she goes into another place as if she is in total extasy. I only wish I could get her to feel the same way about any vegetable! We have to resort to spelling anything that Sofia might just hear from across the house. You would be amazed at how well she can hear the word, "cake." That is my little sugar girl.

No comments: