Saturday, November 29, 2008

Giving Thanks


I began my Thanksgiving day with a wonderful Yoga class with Melissa. I could not think of a better way to give thanks than to be in a room full of people, chanting "Om," and breathing and moving together. Melissa brought me to this class a few weeks ago and it is amazing. She spoke so highly of this teacher, so I knew it would be as incredible as she said. Melissa and I have a wonderful connection, and this class has been such a great place for us to revel in our moving bodies in a way that is strengthening and celebratory. Thank you, Melissa. I have begun to realize over the last few months that I really need to be in my body more often. After performing with Lizette and teaching a weekly dance class to my students, I have a greater understanding of how much dance and movement feed me in the deepest way. Over the last few years, I have naturally been unable to dance as much (and move in a basic way for that matter. Although I did continue to choreograph throughout each of my three pregnancies, I have not danced for myself or taken many movement classes. I am beginning to feel free from pregnancy (we are done!) and I am beginning to reclaim my desire to move and breath and stretch and open. I am making a conscious effort to make time for my own movement in my life. Thankfully I have a supportive husband who is more than willing to watch the kids while I take a class. I am so grateful for his unconditional and endless support. I could not do this without him. I give thanks for my family...those three sweet children that each have an unique way of loving, laughing and giving to the world. I give thanks for so many gifts.

3 comments:

Melissa said...

I love going to yoga with you! I can't til we also do some dancing . . .xoxo

Gillian said...

would love to be able to dance with you both!!!

Nicole said...

Don't get me started...Can't you just imagine how amazing it would be to dance together? I will hold onto the thought...maybe someday!