Saturday, September 13, 2008

No longer a toothless smile



Silvio's first two teeth finally came in about two weeks ago after a lot of drool and blowing bubbles. He is so cute with his new teeth. I can't say I don't miss the toothless grins but alas, he must grow up. Just yesterday, Brian and I were talking about how we would love to freeze Silvio. He is so cuddly, smiley, giggly, and completely full of sweetness. The other morning I woke up at 5:00 AM to Silvio screaming. Brian was snoring a few feet from him...I don't get that at all. Anyway, I rushed to him and picked him up. He immediately stopped crying, reached up and gently touched my face, and said "ah, da, da." I smiled and talked to him while he continued to grab my face. He was looking straight into my eyes and babbling. It is hard to describe exactly how I feel in that moment; my body tingles, my heart pounds, and my eyes fill with tears. It is pure joy. Pure love. I feel more connected to a deep source of love that surrounds us. It didn't matter that I was groggy and tired, I was there with Silvio in that moment, sharing a most amazing moment of connection. There is somethig so soulful about Silvio; it's as if he understands something greater than me. He has always had this way of looking into my eyes in a deep way and communicating with me. Kristen and I talked about this little guy yesterday and she agrees that there is something extraordinary about Silvio. Maybe it's that he is my baby, but I know that he has completed my family in the most perfect way. And I know that he will only continue to give love in more ways than I can imagine. That is my Schnugums.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

ahh. you're hard on daddy. but you're sweet on our baby and I love that.