Friday, September 19, 2008

Big Sister



Sofia adores her little brother. She tells almost everyone we meet, "this is my baby, Silvio." She has always referred to him as her baby and has tried to be a little mommy to him. Sofia has loved him since the day he was born, giving him tons of hugs and kisses. She gives him toys, reads him books, and has even tried to pick him up. Recently, she has wanted to help feed him. She sits on my lap, or Brian's and hold the bottle. usually she giggles and says "I'm feeding Silvio...I love feeding him!" She is the sweetest big sister to both of her brothers. She often dictates a note a school to one of her teachers and she always says, "I love my Mommy and my Daddy. I also love Luca and my baby brother, Silvio." Of course, Silvio absolutely loves his sister and will watch her from across the room. Sofia is always running up to Silvio and snuggling into him, as she says "my Silvio, my Schnugums!" I love that she not only is incredibly affectionate with both of them but she also verbally expresses her love for them. She is such a caring and loving little girl. I know that she will continue to be the little mommy of the family. Not to say that she does not fight with Luca, but she also takes the time to tell him that she loves him and that he is her friend. Whenever I hear her say to Luca "you are my best friend, Luca" I just melt. Nothing makes a mother happier than to see her children expressing love to each other.

No comments: