Wednesday, May 28, 2008

Trekking

So, I am really digging the blog, as you can tell. I am so excited to have a venue where not only I am able to write, but I am able to share all of the funny, crazy, scary, and amazing moments of my daily life as a stay-at-home-mom of three small children. Today we went on a walk with Melissa and Avi. We started at Melissa's and headed to a cafe. I had Silvio in the double stroller for the first time and Sofia and Luca walked on either side of Avi in his big boy stroller. I should add that Sofia and Luca love Melissa, and for good reason. She is incredible with them, so they love going to her house and hanging out with her and Avi (who Luca used to call "Bobby"). We walked to the cafe for a quick coffee and snack and then we headed to the park. This is quite a trek, I might add. The kids did a great job of walking and the babies were sleeping. When we got close to the park, Luca noticed the loud noise coming from a weed whacker down the way. Of course Luca is drawn to any machine that makes loud noises, so he immediately ran to talk to the man. Both Sofia and Luca had a lot to say to this man who could not hear a thing. He smiled politely and nodded. I finally convinced the kids to follow us into the park and Sofia commented, "that was a nice mower man, mommy." Well, yes he was. We went to the park for a few minutes but had to begin our trek back to Melissa's. We decided to take the shortest route, even though we had to go up a huge hill and come down on the other side. I put Sofia on my back and pushed Silvio. Of course, Luca had to walk. He loves to walk whereas Sofia will walk for only a few minutes before she says "I'm having a hard time walking, mommy." She loves to be on my back, which is fun for me since I can snuggle with her while carrying her. We made it all the way back to Melissa's and we were all pooped. Melissa and I were tired but we had so much fun that we planned to take our trek again soon. Oh the simple joys of being a mommy....a great latte, awesome company, fresh air, and happy babies.

1 comment:

Melissa said...

I only wish we'd taken a photo of you with Sofia on your back, pushing the boys in that big-ass stroller! We had fun, too!