Tuesday, September 29, 2009

Hold On


Months keep flipping by and I am trying to figure out where this year has gone. It is almost October and the Holidays are around the corner. My calendar is full of kindergarten tours and preschool functions. There doesn't seem to be a day that is completely free of commitments. I often feel like my head is spinning with the weight of all of these duties that I struggle to be present in the moment. I am teaching at Mercy on Saturdays and teaching at a gymnastics club on Mondays. I love teaching and choreographing but it does also make the burden of duty a bit heftier.

Amid all of the rushing around and swirling thoughts, I am trying to remember how fleeting each moment can be. Silvio is walking and talking up a storm. Tonight as we were reading books, he kept mumbling something before he was saying "book." After about 3 times of saying it, I realized he was saying, "how about this book." So cute. So amazing. My little guy is communicating and engaging with the world in a new way. I revel in each of these small words, phrases and I try to hold on to exactly what it sounds like. By the third child, I know how quickly it all changes. I want to hold on to him right now. I want to stay right here and live is his thumb-sucking, squeaking, snuggly, nug-ness. He runs around the house calling out to me or Luca ("aca") to play with him or chase him. Today at the park, Sofia, Luca, Silvio and I were playing soccer and as soon as the kids had run off, Silvio grabbed the ball, brought it to me and said "Mommy, occer." He tends to leave the first letter off of most words. He had never said that word before. I feel like every day he has new words and I am just trying to keep up. To listen. To remember. To take in. To close my eyes and breath it in. To hold on.

1 comment:

Melissa said...

I need a little nug-ness. Let's talk!